1.05.2012

D



Remember RealPlayer? And dial-up internet? Cat Power aroused my Bill Smog senses with her neat cover of "Bathysphere" on "What Would The Community Think". Trying to queue up Smog tracks on RealPlayer back in 1998 was an effort in ultra-lo-fi futility, rendering Bill's early work even more brittle and kinda whiny. So I shunned Smog for the longest time, until browsing the 2nd floor Barnes and Nobles music section at their awesome Colonie, NY location. That "Knock Knock" cover was too rad, scooped it up and was sold. The next weekend I'm raping the Tower Records and Newberry Comics in Boston for his entire discography and later eBay-ing an original cassette of "Tired Tape Machine" for a ridunkulous $152! Still not sure if it was worth it. "Dongs" was the first newly released Smog album after my obsession began. I swore it was a typo, reading that foolish title on the webz. Yet, at work on a Sunday, my boy Andy comes in with two copies of freshness. Perhaps a double "Dongs"?

Songs of Devotion:
Justice Aversion, Bloodflow, Strayed, Nineteen, Distance, etc...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all this rule,sir.thanx for th extensive work you bring.cheers from argentina